Thursday, 6 July 2017

Vegetable Pulao / Mixed Vegetable Pulao



   Vegetable Pulao is a rice dish which is prepared with various vegetables and spices. It is an easy and healthy recipe which is often cooked in every Indian home. It can be served with cucumber raita
or plain curd. The one which I am sharing is very simple yet delicious. Here I have used cooked rice, to maintain the rich color of the rice and vegetables. Ingredients which I have used in this recipe are:

INGREDIENTS:                                                                                                                                                             

1 cup of cooked Basmati rice     
1/2 cup of vegetables, cut in cubes ( Carrot, beans, cauliflower, green peas etc )
1/2 tablespoon grated ginger and garlic 
1 chopped green chili
Salt to taste
3 tablespoons cooking oil/ghee
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick (2-inch size approx)
6 peppercorns
4 cloves
4 green cardamoms 
1 big cardamom
1-star anise

(N.B. Here I have used carrot and beans only. You can add vegetables of your choice )


INSTRUCTIONS:

  • First heat oil or ghee in a wok. Then to this add bay leaf and the whole garam masalas.
  • Stir this till you get a nice aroma. 
  • Then add grated ginger and garlic. Then to this add the chopped green chili and saute it for approx a minute or so.
  • Now add all the vegetables and saute it for a while on medium to low heat.
  • Now to this add salt and stir well.
  • Next, cover this with a lid and cook it till the vegetables are 80% done.
  • Now add cooked rice and stir gently. 
  • Then cover the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes more in a low flame.
  • Finally, open the lid. Carefully fluff the rice and turn off the flame.
  • Now vegetable pulao is ready to be served.

(N.B. When cooking rice mix a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of oil)
.

Thanks for reading!





                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

                        


20 comments:

  1. oww look so delicious and diferent ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love Indian food. This looks amazing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to hear this ! Thanks for connecting with me !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definetelly try this. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to hear this ! Thanks for connecting with me ! Happy cooking..😊

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh..thank u so much ! Glad you liked this 😊

      Delete
  6. Looks so good! I love rice so I'll try to make this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you must try this.I am sure you will enjoy. Thanks for connecting with me !

      Delete
  7. This looks delicious! Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum! it looks super tasty!! will definitely try it! thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to hear this ! Do let me know how it comes out. Thanks for connecting with me !

      Delete
  9. Rice is a staple food in my house, definitely, I'm trying out this recipe. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to hear this ! Do let me know how it comes out. Thanks for connecting with me !

      Delete
  10. Rice is a staple food in my house, definitely, I'm trying out this recipe. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very yummy recipe of Vegetable Pulao. my all time favorite. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks very good, i need to leave to the kitchen, thank you

    The Digital Marketing Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great recipe!! Will definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook page